Projects-in-focus offers solutions that help IT leaders address these challenges:
- Sufficient funding for critical projects
- Challenge - IT organizations often don't have the right funding levels to support critical business initiatives
- Solution - Engage business in providing feedback and solution development and project launch activities.
- Investment in people
- Challenge - Bringing in talent is expensive, at times developing talent may be more expensive. Finding the right mix is strategic and impactful.
- Solution - Self-Serve, guided implementations and workshops are an investment in the home team: lowering the overall costs of delivering solutions and building internal skills for the long-term
- Time - Operations v Projects
- Challenge - day-to-day operations are the first mandate, often limited resources are available for new requirements that take the business forward
- Solution - Use Data driven analytics to drive priorities and related investment
- Challenge - Extracting the right information to address the issue:
- Standards-based organizations such as Isaca - Cobit, Open Group - Togaf; OMG - enterprise integration, PMI - PMP, Axelos - ITIL...
- Vendors - implementation/installation guides, YouTube feature/function presentations, training...
- Third party research - expensive, often strategic not easily applicable
- Solution - Use each source for its purpose. For improvements, where possible, use applied knowledge packaged for consumption as a solution set to a specific problem area.